Stardom The Conversion (Preview & Predictions)
Usually I wouldn't be doing this even though this pay per view has established itself for being an important. The 20th of June is my birthday and STARDOM will doing their Conversion PPV on my birthday.
The pre-show sets the tone for the show, but joshi wrestling or Puroresu as a whole have an interesting style of pre-shows that reels you easy before the mind gets blown. High Speed Champion Yuna Mizumori and Matoi Hamabe are two people who seem to be doing things after the pay per view.
This match being announced reminds me that I have to do another episode of Dynamic Thunder Connection. Because there is major stuff that I just left on the way just because I started doing other things. Anyway, Ema Maishima vs Mei Seira is more of an important match to Ema than Seira to be honest.
There is a trial going on about Anne Kanaya joining Cosmic Angels. Unlike many factions in STARDOM, the process of joining Cosmic Angels is a trial of some kind. A more recent member of the group will take the recruit through a series of tests, lessons and learning experiences.
This is possibly the most intriguing match on the card to me. Dream Trine are defending their titles within 6 days of their previous, yet successful title defense against Cosmic Carnival. What makes this intriguing is that a title like this can change hands like a snap. It would be refreshing to establish Itoh Respect Gundan as an official faction this quickly with a win.
This has a lot of factors to think about. This is Momo Watanabe's first official match back since competing in Saki Kashima with AZM as MOMOAZ. She must've competed while still being injured because I didn't see her afterwards. I'm glad that Momo is finally back and I hope she gets back big time.
This is possibly the fight I am most excited for on this damn show. Syuri will be defending the IWGP Women's Championship against Rina Yamashita. The match was on the May 26th Korakuen Hall show. The interesting part about this is that Rina Yamashita requested to not have any preliminary matches before this.
I am going through the motions, because this match has more intrigue if you are fan of one or both of these wrestlers. After defeating Bea Priestley at Queens Dynasty, Hanan chose Saya Iida as her next challenger.
The main event of the show will be for the World Of Stardom Title as Sayaka Kurara defends against Suzu Suzuki. Suzu Suzuki earned this opportunity by winning the four way against Maika, Starlight Kid and Natsuko Tora. This is intriguing in how many times Suzuki challenged and failed to capture the World Of Stardom Title.
Even though I thought of not doing this blog, but I decided to do it. And there are quite a lot of important story beats which include new chapters beginning while some of the older chapters might be coming to an end. I know I should relax since it's my birthday coming up, but I decided to do my usual predictions.
So with all that being said, let's roll with it.
[Pre-Show]: High Speed Champion Yuna Mizumori vs Matoi Hamabe
The pre-show sets the tone for the show, but joshi wrestling or Puroresu as a whole have an interesting style of pre-shows that reels you easy before the mind gets blown. High Speed Champion Yuna Mizumori and Matoi Hamabe are two people who seem to be doing things after the pay per view.
Besides the recent title challenge Yunamon had with Sakura and Natsupoi as Cosmic Carnival against Dream Trine, it seems like we have to wait for another challenger for that High Speed Title. My prediction is that Yuna Mizumori wins this.
[Pre-Show]: Mei Seira vs Ema Maishima
This match being announced reminds me that I have to do another episode of Dynamic Thunder Connection. Because there is major stuff that I just left on the way just because I started doing other things. Anyway, Ema Maishima vs Mei Seira is more of an important match to Ema than Seira to be honest.
Ema Maishima was teaming with NEO GENESIS in tag team bouts after AZM gave out the information at Stardom Queens Dynasty. After a match with Kevin (Miyu Amasaki), Ema accepted the invitation to join Neo Genesis as a newest member since Suzu Suzuki betrayal of the group last year.
This is the first singles since she joined, but I still predict Mei Seira to take the win here.
NEW BLOOD Tag Team Champion Aya Sakura vs Anne Kanaya
There is a trial going on about Anne Kanaya joining Cosmic Angels. Unlike many factions in STARDOM, the process of joining Cosmic Angels is a trial of some kind. A more recent member of the group will take the recruit through a series of tests, lessons and learning experiences.
Since Yuna Mizumori did her trials for Aya Sakura & Sayaka Kurara in their group recruitment, Kurara and Sakura would take up the mantle of handling Anne Kanaya's trial. It creates an interesting premise from the get go as two people handling the process would have similar or completely different philosophies. Sakurara would be more in the latter.
The bulk share of these trials were conducted by Aya Sakura. Her activities had a lot of variety with the first being with her pet, Bon-chan. Even though I'll admit puppies or dogs scare the absolute shit out of me.
The second was that dance which I had forgotten the context about which Yuna Mizumori was delighted at the prospect of feeling like a kid again; the third was in a photo studio, etc. You get the idea of Aya Sakura's conducted ones like recently when she was teaching Kanaya in her final session in a teacher's outfit. I have a weird feeling about that reaction.
Sayaka Kurara only really had 2 official sets of trials which is understandable since she is the World Of Stardom Champion. Her activities were more predictable that Stevie Wonder could spot from a mile off. It was more in a safe space with art and having more of intimate style of conducting. That is what I expected, but it is not a bad thing to see a different perspective.
The final test are two matches. The first was against Sayaka Kurara on June 14th which Kanaya lost. Now Aya Sakura will be the final part of the test. Since I am hoping something unexpected, I predict Anne Kanaya to get the win.
Damn. I spent a lot of time on this, huh?
God's Eye (Future Of Stardom Ranna Yagami & Kiyoka Kotatsu) vs Mi Vida Loca (Itsuki Aoki & Akira Kurogane) vs Maika & Koguma
I completely forgot about this match's existence since everything is so stacked here. The only thing I have to say that Mi Vida is my prediction to win this. I know we have the likes of Maika and Koguma, but sometimes you want chaos.
Dream Trine (Ami Sourei, Hina & Lady C) (c) vs Itoh Respect Gundan (Maki Itoh, Kikyo Furusawa & Rian) - Artist Of Stardom Championship
However, Dream Trine just won these titles less than a month ago and nowadays, STARDOM don't switch these Artist Of Stardom Titles this quick unless they are doing a Korakuen Hall show. I am really torn because I don't want to see both teams lose. I don't want to see another Kikyo, but I also don't want to see Lady C become Beanie Sanders again.
I literally cried to this woman and still thinking about it makes me want to cry every time. Being a new Lady C fan really emotionally broke me. My prediction is Dream Trine since I have to pick one anyway.
Natsupoi, Hyper Stone (Saori Anou & Fuwa-chan) & Spark Joshi World Champion Hazuki vs HATE (Natsuko Tora, Ruaka, Azusa Inaba & Fukigen Death)
Hazuki has arrives back from her trip to AEW to team up with Saori Anou, Natsupoi and Fuwa-chan. I honestly don't remember why this match is happening other than to feature everyone on the card. It might move the story forward with Saori Anou and Fuwa-chan which has been one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.
I am predicting HATE is winning this one. Usually I would be against HATE, but I have a very weird feeling that is something worthy or a cluster will come from this.
Xena vs HANAKO
Well, it has happened again. Xena has been one of the long tenured STARDOM wrestlers and one of the signed gaikokujin wrestlers. Recently, she has been saying that her time in STARDOM is running out. So she wanted a singles match which seems to be her last match in STARDOM.
HANAKO is her opponent which is the only option, but one that makes complete sense. HANAKO has been with Xena as part of the now defunct faction, Empress Nexus Venus or E neXus V. And with everyone having a match, it's nice to have her on the show. My prediction is that HANAKO and thank you Xena for your contribution to the promotion.
Utami Hayashishita & Neo Genesis [Starlight Kid, Goddesses Of Stardom Champions 02line (Miyu Amasaki & AZM)] vs HATE (Saya Kamitani, Momo Watanabe, Konami & Bea Priestley)
This has a lot of factors to think about. This is Momo Watanabe's first official match back since competing in Saki Kashima with AZM as MOMOAZ. She must've competed while still being injured because I didn't see her afterwards. I'm glad that Momo is finally back and I hope she gets back big time.
This is Utami Hayashishita's first PPV match since returning to STARDOM on May 26th. I have high praise for Utami Hayashishita since she faced Syuri 5 years ago in one of my favourite matches of all time. The story here is with Saya Kamitani as they both have great history in Queen's Quest and the tag team of Aphrodite.
I love the arc that Utami's on which is where she's coming back to a promotion that has changed drastically. Even though she has Neo Genesis by her side, can she feel right at home in the current generation compared to the generation she was in? It creates an ultimate reset for someone you'd want to build from the ground up as suppose to shooting them straight to the top of the card.
Syuri (c) vs Rina Yamashita - IWGP Women's Championship
Singles Record: 0 - 0 - 1
This is possibly the fight I am most excited for on this damn show. Syuri will be defending the IWGP Women's Championship against Rina Yamashita. The match was on the May 26th Korakuen Hall show. The interesting part about this is that Rina Yamashita requested to not have any preliminary matches before this.
Syuri has been doing well as IWGP Women's Champion and I will expect another banger as well. I wouldn't mind the result going either way as I would like to see how a IWGP Women's Title reign with Rina Yamashita would look like. But I am obvious predicting that one of my favourite wrestlers of all time, Syuri to get the win.
Hanan (c) vs Saya Iida - Wonder Of Stardom Championship
Singles Record: 1 - 1
I am going through the motions, because this match has more intrigue if you are fan of one or both of these wrestlers. After defeating Bea Priestley at Queens Dynasty, Hanan chose Saya Iida as her next challenger.
This is an interesting defense for Hanan while it being the second time Iida has challenge for the White belt. I wish I had a deeper, more psychological piece of dialogue, but I sadly don't have anything to say.
My prediction is that Hanan will retain the Wonder Of Stardom Championship.
Sayaka Kurara (c) vs Suzu Suzuki - World Of Stardom Championship
Singles Record: 1 - 0 Suzuki
The main event of the show will be for the World Of Stardom Title as Sayaka Kurara defends against Suzu Suzuki. Suzu Suzuki earned this opportunity by winning the four way against Maika, Starlight Kid and Natsuko Tora. This is intriguing in how many times Suzuki challenged and failed to capture the World Of Stardom Title.
Now she is the leader of a new faction, she has the interesting challenge of facing someone who can be consider a rookie from her perspective. Someone who was able to reach the top of the mountain with less tries than Suzu herself. Someone that Suzu Suzuki has beaten in the past.
Sayaka Kurara has grown tremendously when she leveled up to becoming World Champion while being able to still challenge for the Future Of Stardom title. That is crazy work and I do like the fact that everyone who is tenured is still going for that title. It creates a story of proving to be a World Champion despite the 2025 year she had, especially in the 5STAR GP.
My prediction is that Sayaka Kurara will retain the World Of Stardom Championship.
Post Time!!
My birthday will be an interesting one, but I do hope that STARDOM will have a successful show and the wrestlers work really hard. I hope you all have a good day and I'll see you next time. Goodbye.
Kind Regards,
ZERO (or Archer)
Comments
Post a Comment