DTC XIII - Triple Thunderbolt #1: Bleak Beginnings
Well... so far, it has been quite an interesting time as I have now 3 people to keep tracking for now. Then again, it's more interesting than seeing a font called NTR on this blog site. I don't know what that means as a font, but since that Sneako and that ex-girlfriend accident, I haven't heard the end of it unless it's good reason. *cough* TNA *cough*
So this is going to be more fun than I ever imagined or it will be complete torture. Well... I'm used to the torture so maybe the latter. Anyway, let's roll with it.
The bout itself is part of the YouTube teasers that companies would do. It's a way to get people to watch the Pay Per View. It's only 6 minutes and they did pack a lot of stuff in here.
Unfortunately for Kurogane, the Former World Of Stardom Champion would get the win here after nailing her with the Tokimeki Spear. So it's zero points for the Mi Vida Loca representative.
Koguma has been more in the tag team ranks with her tag partner Hazuki as FWC. As a singles wrestler, she is in the lower midcard. And I do love her Bear bits regardless if she does it over and over again like Toru Yano.
Koguma would win here with a fantastic German Suplex with a brilliant bridge. The Bear has some power here and it seems like it's going to be constant throughout this tournament.
It's been a year since then and both are in different positions than the last time they were. I thought the match was kind of funny when I started having thoughts about their first encounter. This is specifically towards Hanan, because she still struggled against Kikyo. Never change Hanan.
Hanan would win her first match by hitting the Fallaway Slam with a Bridging Pin. Now Kikyo Furusawa is now 0 - 2 in tournament matches. Hopefully this can't get any worse, right? Right?
Well... This is going to be massacre, isn't it? Okay, so Kikyo actually tried to put up a fight against Momo Watanabe. Despite that Momo Watanabe rocked her shit pretty hard.
So today will be more of a Kikyo Furusawa focused episode for this since Akira Kurogane doesn't have any tournament bouts since her first match on the Opening Night. There are 3 tournaments matches Kikyo did in this one while Akira Kurogane did only one.
The interesting part of this is the stories that can develop throughout these tournaments make it worth watching. No matter if you are at the top or someone who is at the bottom of the totem pole. So it seems like both will have more a last place position, since it is their first 5★STAR which makes me worried about Ema Maishima and Anne Kanaya's future entry.
So this is going to be more fun than I ever imagined or it will be complete torture. Well... I'm used to the torture so maybe the latter. Anyway, let's roll with it.
July 18th: Opening Night
After the Zero Time (Pre-show) and the opening tag team which featured Rina pinning Wonder Of Stardom Champion (& sister) Hanan, Akira Kurogane would be kicking off the 5★STAR GP against NEW BLOOD Tag Team Champion Sayaka Kurara.
The bout itself is part of the YouTube teasers that companies would do. It's a way to get people to watch the Pay Per View. It's only 6 minutes and they did pack a lot of stuff in here.
Unfortunately for Kurogane, the Former World Of Stardom Champion would get the win here after nailing her with the Tokimeki Spear. So it's zero points for the Mi Vida Loca representative.
The third 5★STAR GP match on the card would be a tough test for Kikyo Furusawa as she took on... a Bear. It means she took on FWC's Koguma. Koguma is an example on why I love these Round Robin tournaments despite the tax of watching these matches.
Koguma would win here with a fantastic German Suplex with a brilliant bridge. The Bear has some power here and it seems like it's going to be constant throughout this tournament.
July 19th: Toyohashi
The next night in Toyohashi would come for Kikyo Furusawa as she would face current Wonder Of Stardom Champion Hanan. It is a little bit of a full circle moment as it was the singles bout they had since they both faced each other in Kikyo's first ever professional wrestling fight.
It's been a year since then and both are in different positions than the last time they were. I thought the match was kind of funny when I started having thoughts about their first encounter. This is specifically towards Hanan, because she still struggled against Kikyo. Never change Hanan.
Hanan would win her first match by hitting the Fallaway Slam with a Bridging Pin. Now Kikyo Furusawa is now 0 - 2 in tournament matches. Hopefully this can't get any worse, right? Right?
July 20th: Osaka
The next show in Osaka featured a four way match which I surprisingly predicted correctly. Hey man, I'll take the win, but I was shocked. Kikyo Furusawa, however... Oh shit, she facing Momo Watanabe. *Sigh*
Well... This is going to be massacre, isn't it? Okay, so Kikyo actually tried to put up a fight against Momo Watanabe. Despite that Momo Watanabe rocked her shit pretty hard.
Since the power of IRG couldn't make her quit, Momo got pissed and punt kick her for the victory. That concludes the first three 5★STAR GP shows.
POST TIME
I have been a very busy person lately. Now that I am playing catch up with the 5★STAR GP, you will see these episodes and other future blogs come out in a familiar fashion going forward.
Plus, I have been watching other tournaments outside of wrestling with one of the recent being the FIFA World Cup. I will continue to keep pushing out the content that I can for the blog even though it will be very slow due to being occupied.
The next episode will be out and join me soon as I will touch on two other title reigns, but this time in the Land of Honor. Those two will be AR Fox's ROH World Television Championship reign and La Faccion Ingobernable (Sammy Guevara & The Beast Mortos)'s ROH World Tag Team Championship reign.
Also I might be doing other wrestler focused blogs like Ami Sourei and even do one on Hina. Anyway, I hope you all have a good day I'll see you next time. Goodbye.
Kind Regards,
ZERO (or Archer)
Comments
Post a Comment