The Wild Heart of The Owen

Usually I am here for a different reason. Sometimes I am just a water in a dry pool or a drowning fish in overflow of water. Wait a minute. What am I talking about again? Oh right, Hazuki. How could I forget? The Wild Heart of STARDOM has had an interesting year in terms of wrestling bouts for the Fukuoka native. 

Credit: @SebastianLIVt on X/Twitter

Either that or I am being very delusional given my terrible sleep schedule and eating patterns. With many things in my life, wrestling can be a buffet or a mixture of many things roll into a shitty burrito. In the case of Hazuki, its a mixture of both with many different cases.

The Forever Spark Joshi World Champion and Former CMLL-Japan Women's Champion has done some incredible work over the past year. Even in 2026, I think people love her more than ever despite her current position in the totem poll is more or less in the midcard or higher in the tag team ranks.

Credit: All Elite Wrestling

So her position is more or less the same as always, however, AEW saw it different. When announcing the brackets for this year's Owen Hart Foundation, Hazuki would be chosen to represent STARDOM. This marked the first time a non-AEW wrestler entered the women's side of The Owen.  Her and Sareee would have both made history if Sareee was cleared.

In today's blog, I am doing the entirety of Hazuki's Owen Hart Cup campaign from start to finish. I was going to do a while back, but I wanted to wait until the tournament and/or if she had any matches for the Quadruple Door. However, the Forever Spark Joshi Champion didn't have any fight and the tournament is over, so... Let's Roll With It.


The Forever Spark Joshi World Champion Hazuki's Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Campaign:

  • Hazuki vs Maya World (10:20) 
    • [With CMLL World Women's Champion Persephone on commentary]
  • 30/05/2026
  • All Elite Wrestling 
  • AEW Collision (May 30, 2026)
  • ZERO: ★★★3/4 

This isn't a tournament match, but it is an important one seeing as its Hazuki's first appearance and fight on AEW TV. Yeah, she never debuted beforehand so it was a good way to introduce The Wild Heart to the AEW audience.

It was brilliant thing to do even though the timing of the announcement was pretty dodgy when it wasn't meant to be or it was, because its Tony Khan after all. She would face off against Maya World who would later be in the tourney as a substitute for Sareee.


These two have faced each other as it resulted in a familiar affair between the two. Hazuki pulled off some of her moves like the Codebreaker from the corner, the Facewashes and some other moves I have seen. Keep in mind, I literally did a near 15 match blog on her, so I know my homework.

Hazuki would pick up the win following her senton from the top rope, or as I call it, Atomic Bomb's Away. Her and Persephone faced off as their first round bout was the following week.


  • Persephone vs Hazuki (12:21)
  • 06/06/2026
  • All Elite Wrestling 
  • Owen Hart Foundation 2026 Women's Tournament First Round Match
  • AEW Collision (Jun 6) 
  • ZERO:  ★★★★

The Collision following her debut, Hazuki would have her first round match in the Owen Hart Foundation Tournament against CMLL World Women's Champion Persephone. This takes a different what I expected it to be. 


Persephone was back after suffering an injury, so I didn't expect this to be the best match in the world since I can get the ring rust (if she had any to begin with). She was keeping with the former High Speed Champion. However, in terms of the bout, it centered around Hazuki targeting the eye. 


It led to a bit of disadvantage for the CMLL World Women's Champ with half of her vision being a target. This was really good match that had good spots and had most people thinking who would win even though it was obvious from my point of view. Hazuki won and moved on to the Semis.


After the match, the wild card substitute Mercedes Mone attacked both Persephone and Hazuki afterwards since she's also a Semi-Final participant. She even trapped Persephone in a Statement Maker which I wished is followed up with eventually. But it does a perfect segue to... 


  • Hazuki vs Mercedes Mone (22:25)
  • 17/06/2026
  • All Elite Wrestling 
  • Owen Hart Foundation 2026 Women's Tournament Semifinal Match 
  • AEW Dynamite (Jun 17)
  • ZERO: ★★★★3/4

The next & final stop on Hazuki's Owen Cup campaign was against Mercedes Mone. This was the most excited fight leading up to that AEW Dynamite as it was a rematch from their match at NJPW Strong Style Evolved in 2024 . A match people coined as one of the best women's matches in North America or not depending on the circumstances. 


This was a really good match. What I loved about it is how different it was to their 2024 match. The biggest worry was obvious the match length of the bout. AEW is known for not giving their women's division enough TV time to tell some compelling stories and sometimes, it leaves a void on certain title divisions. 

However, Mercedes Mone is a gateway for many bouts going over certain times, which led to this being 20+ minutes. If I'm not mistaken, it is the first time that a singles match in AEW has gone over 20 minutes, or maybe I'm completely.


Mercedes Mone would emerge the winner after using the Statement Maker. That means that Hazuki's run in The Owen comes to an end.



POST TIME!!!
Thank god, I was able to get permission to use the fanart of Hazuki as the cover image from the main creator. Since I work in media, I have developed more of the mindset to ask certain people to use their likeness. Not that I haven't ask before, but I decided to be more cautious after a small incident. Much like not doing this on the Forever Spark World Champion.


This tournament showed that Hazuki should be in more higher positions in STARDOM than she is now. Sometimes I forget about her current position since she has been doing great matches with the likes of Mei Seira, Fuwa-chan, Olympia, Maya World, etc. This just shows that we have to continue the momentum of everything before it shuts down.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good day and I'll see you next time for the next one. Atomic Bomb's Away!! 

Kind Regards,
ZERO (or Archer)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigold Files #1: Did Somebody Say Yoga? (La Vie en Rose's 3D Trios Championship Reign)

A Beautiful Madness turned into US Bootleg Marceline (Giulia's WWE Women's United States Championship Reign)

The Flame Of Heaven Burns (Dream Trine's Artist Of Stardom Championship Reign)