Lady C, My Beloved: One Year Later

I have completely checked out of the 5★STAR Grand Prix. Not because the tournament is bad or whatever, it's just that there is so much going on in my life right now that I had to shelf something. 

I'm honestly glad that I did because I was starting to lose my smile with watching STARDOM. However, I was keeping up with the tournament despite not viewing it. And the given who made it through, pleasant to say I am very surprised, but this is how an unpredictable tournament should be even if it upsets me.


There was a match from this 5★STAR that was important for personal reasons. It has more historical valve than anything else. It was Lady C taking on Mei Seira in the tournament which happened on August 14th. 


The reason why it's so important is that it was the kick starter for my launch into the Lady-Cification of my blog in the general. It was because the year prior, I was doing articles for a freelance wrestling website called SickosClub which I last checked is now on Auction. 

I don't know what the fuck happened there, but who knows. If you're wondering, I still have every single piece I've written in a document, so I'm safe I guess. One of the 24 published pieces was an article titled Lady C, My Beloved.

Credit: Neon Ghost

Besides the crazy title which makes it sound like I'm confessing. (I personally see her as a loving Auntie to be around.) The reason for this article's existence is a funny one as it involves a very good friend of mine, X (Twitter). 

There was a like 1 - 2 week where I didn't see any spec of English comments whatsoever. My algorithm decided to colonize my feed with Japanese culture and I know I want to watch a show over there one day, but this was just surprising.

I couldn't escape Lady C throughout that time period as well which is what led me to following her on the platform and I don't expect any follow back until I have passed. That in turn led me to creating the article itself. 


The style of my pieces was more of match breakdowns, so I picked Mei Seira vs Lady C in last year's 5★STAR for a specific reason. It was short and it was on YouTube for free, because I can be a real cheapskate. Breaking down matches is very time consuming, so short ones were really appreciated. 

The article itself got a reaction on my socials that I didn't expect coming. It was tied with my article on Blonde Force Trauma vs Stunning Law for being the most popular articles posted on socials. It does take first place in being the quickest post to reach that high amount.

In that post, I met the likes of Pat, Uncle (Knights C-Donia), Nick, Knives, Tsuki and others. The article itself isn't a year old, but the match is year old and a lot has changed.


Mei Seira was High Speed Champion in last year's encounter. Lady C was more or less still a lower card wrestler within the tag team and trios ranks. Now it is year later, both have gotten a little older, a little wiser and have made progress. 

Mei Seira hasn't had a year which involved championships, but has have many great singles performances with the likes of Mio Momono, Hazuki for the CMLL-Japan Women's Title, etc. Lady C kicked off 2026 losing a lot of matches until she became Artist Of Stardom Champion on May 26th.


In the 5★STAR Grand Prix, Lady C has had disappointing campaign with 2 points beforehand. Mei Seira had 3 points with 3 matches left. She had to beat Lady C, Saya Iida and Utami Hayashishita to make it to the playoffs.

The match itself is very short in comparison to the match from last year with a 2 min 48 sec difference between each other. This match was 4 min 29 sec while last year's one was 7 min 17 sec. 


The fight was very high speed which is a standard to expect from someone like Mei Seira. But The Human Tower was able to keep up with the Ultimate Shooting Star's high octane attacks. Lady C was able to do her offence which included her Reverse Swing Facebuster, and her big boots.

As much as she doesn't like High Speed, at this point, Lady C has a better chance to succeed in the High Speed Division than anything else. One thing I loved is that Mei Seira struggling to roll up Lady C because Mrs C used her size as an asset to keep her down. 


This led to Lady C nearly winning the match, and it was exhausting Seira which is a fantastic little detail to pick up on. Eventually, Mei Seira pulled off the Most Devastating Move in All Of Sports Entertainment, the Surprise Rollup to get the win and move up to 5 points to remain alive in the tournament. 

Lady C completed her campaign with only 1 win and 6 losses. Worse than last year despite being a Former Artist Of Stardom Champion. Better luck next year Lady C. 


What a difference a year can make for many people? This has been quite a year in many of our lives. I love the connections that I was able to make with people in the space. Well... that is all I have for today. I hope you all have a good day. 
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
... 
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.


Akira Kurogane will continue being the Dynamic Thunder Connection blog series for quite a while. This is because I was planning on following the 5★STAR Grand Prix as a trial to include her in the series as a trio. Since I stopped watching the 5
★STAR, her trial period will continue for about as long as I will allow it to be. 

Yeah that's all I actually wanted to say. See you later. 


Kind Regards,
ZERO (or Archer) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigold Files #1: Did Somebody Say Yoga? (La Vie en Rose's 3D Trios Championship Reign)

A Beautiful Madness turned into US Bootleg Marceline (Giulia's WWE Women's United States Championship Reign)

The Flame Of Heaven Burns (Dream Trine's Artist Of Stardom Championship Reign)