God's Eye: The Epicentre Of Fighting Spirit
Disclaimer: This blog is produced by ZERO, Pat and Knights C-Donia. Hope you enjoy this blog.
I have been wanting to the God's Eye for the longest time. I was so excited to do this that on the train back home from work, I took out my notepad and write down all the categories for today's blog. Yeah I was that excited to do this.Today, we are going about God's Eye's year in 2026. With many points that my brain can think of what they have done for this year. There has been a lot of things that I want to talk about with God's Eye and now I have a chance. Now sit back, relax and let's roll with it.
The Pride of the IWGP
The first sign that God's Eye was going to have a wild year started in New Japan Pro-Wrestling surprisingly enough. This was when Syuri and Saya Kamitani faced off for both the IWGP Women's and NJPW STRONG Women's Championships. Syuri held the IWGP while Kamitani held the STRONG.
At the time, it seemed like that Saya Kamitani would continue her dominance as she was also the World Of Stardom Champion at the time and get a massive amount of popularity in Japan during her reign. However, Syuri would shock the world when she beat Saya Kamitani to not only retain the IWGP Women's Title as well as capture the NJPW STRONG Women's Title. (And the more we forget about the NJPW STRONG Women's Title, the better.)
It was a shock all things considered, but did allow the leader of God's Eye to have a proper reign with the title since her first reign was only 55 days. That was Syuri's first defense which makes the last three defenses wonderful. She travelled to NJPW's show in America when she beat ROH Women's World Champion Athena.
Which reminds me that I have to catch up with two ROH shows before watching Global Wars, but I'm doing this instead, so... Yeah. The 3rd defense would be against Megan Bayne at All-Star Grand Queendom which was a really good match. And her latest defense would be against Rina Yamashita on my birthday which made me happy.
Things are in the up and up for Syuri. Now it seems like she would having the exact same type of success in her upcoming American excursion alongside Hazuki, Ranna Yagami and Fuwa-chan in July to August.
Saki Kashima's Retirement
As much as they have been good things for God's Eye this year, there is always that bittersweet moment where you had to bid farewell. In this case, it's now retired wrestler Saki Kashima ending her 15 year career this year. It was quite a shock to see the announcement, but it did help us appreciate how valuable Saki Kashima is.
As much as we love the top stars, the main eventers, the young rising prospects, sometimes we tend to forget how valuable the midcard of a wrestling show is. Saki Kashima was very valuable in terms of comedy and defeating big wrestlers in tournaments that department and left a pretty big void. In other words, Saki Kashima would be harder to replace than probably 11 replaceable main eventers.
The last three matches (or four since she had a match in Gokigen Pro Wrestling) in Saki Kashima's career in STARDOM had more weight if you were a long time STARDOM viewer. April 8th, she teamed with Syuri as Anecon to face the rest of God's Eye minus Ami Sourei due to an injury.
April 11th would Saki Kashima team up FWC's Koguma and the Forever Spark Joshi World Champion Hazuki against Maika, Mei Seira and Unagi Sayaka. I haven't watched it to be honest, but I heard positive stuff about it. Even though she was retiring, Hazuki still doesn't do a kuma, huh? 😂
Her final match would be on April 23rd in Korakuen Hall. She teamed up with Syuri one last time as Anecon to take on the returning team of AZM from NEO GENESIS and Momo Watanabe from H.A.T.E. These two enemies decided to put their hatred and differences aside to reform MOMOAZ for one night.
It was a very fun fueled fight that I recommend to everyone who hasn't it. It's unconventional in terms of your usual wrestling retirement matches, but it is worth the watch. Thank you Saki Kashima and I hope you have a happy retirement.
The Beat Striker's Evolution
I can't wait for the day where I can finally do a blog on this woman. Ranna Yagami has been one of the standouts this year. What has solidified this was when she dethroned HANAKO on the final day of the Cinderella Tournament to become the current Future Of Stardom Champion.
(Side note: I should also credit Kiyoka Kotatsu for her fun performances here since I won't mention her that much or never throughout. Sorry Kotatsu-san.)
Yagami is someone I am going to save for the eventual blog I do for her specifically. She has held the belt for 111 days at the time of writing and had 6 successful title defenses so far. Two of them were victories over Ema Maishima and Kikyo Furusawa. And if you have seen my blogs, the only thing I have to say about that is, "Screw you Yagami-san".
What makes her current run is not only the variety of opponents, it's also the confidence she had throughout these defenses. This isn't the same person I first saw in that feud with Koguma. She went from Gentaro Kisaragi to Tsukasa Kadoya fam. She will be doing an excursion in America during July to August, so I hope for the best.
Lady C's Losing Streak
Now we entered uncharted territory here. In the world of Japanese wrestling, factions are the centerpiece of promotions. It is always an interesting fact of the power of friendship or power of comradery. As corny as it sounds, it is true in many cases. With that faction based system, there are many matches you'd do together.
Losses can happen at any time. However, last time I checked, there was a consistent pattern with these losses that was so noticeable. Lady C would be 7 times out of 10, on the receiving end of a pinfall or submission. I have made a whole blog about this with Lady C: The Wings Screamed and you can check it out.
Retroactively, we can look back and realize there was an end point to this. However, we didn't realize that because Puroresu is known to be a lot more under wraps with plans. So obviously, when you see favourite lose a lot of the time as a fan, it's going to break your heart. Regardless of the context, especially with the way Dream Trine had to get their title shot.
I see Pat being so affected at that time, but he tried to keep pushing through it, so fair enough. But Uncle (Knights Of C-Donia). Oh lord. That brother was not taking it well in the slightest. That man was one alcohol away from becoming like those two grannies from The Simpsons who are so addicted to smoking so much that their home is a walking smoke detector hazard.
It was definitely a lower point in 2026 for Lady C, but luckily, it picked up eventually.
Hina's Breakout Performances
Before I start with this, I would like to say something. I'm not very high on Hina as everyone else. I think it's because that I see her so hyped up online. So when I see her wrestle, she's consistently good, but it wasn't how it was hyped up to be. With that type of viewing Hina, I am naturally hesitate to see the matches because it can get hyped up a lot. Maybe my expectations should be at the bottom next time this happens.
I understand why she is hyped up though because she has had a really great performances this year. The Artist Of Stardom Title match that I always gush about, she was one of the major parts in the final stretch with her twin sister Rina. I have heard really good things about her match against Konami for the White Belt which I have debated on whether to watch.
Her run in the Cinderella Tournament was consistently very soild. The current title run she has right now with Dream Trine is slowly making me a fan. I am still on the fence with her sometimes, but that happens a lot of the time with wrestler you are not high on at first. Only time will tell.
Maybe or Maybe Not
When it comes to Ami Sourei, I honestly... don't even fucking know really. When I consistently watching STARDOM shows in 2025, Ami Sourei was injured during that time. Now that she is back... I am not feeling her hype as a wrestler at all.
I have pointed out that Ami Sourei on my feed that I don't feel anything with her as a wrestler. Maybe I should watch more matches, because I am so confused for now. Anyway, let's move on. (Also, I don't mean this maliciously, but you can have a different take.)
Tomoka Inaba's Exploration
I will never let this go, will I? Tomoka Inaba still has the highest viewed blog in this catalog, because watching her matches have been good. 2026 is more of a feeling out process than it is. Her involvement in STARDOM has largely been in tag team matches and seemed to be settling into the midcard.
Given that her primary promotion is JTO (Just Tap Out), she competes there as many times as she is in STARDOM. Her and rhythm did lose the JTO Girls Tag Team Titles to Big Fusion's Aoi and HisokA. She faced Big Fusion in a Three On One Handicap which ended in a no contest. She faced TAKA Michinoku in three singles matches and has a 0 - 2 - 1 record. So take with that as you will.
She did a memorable match from the Cinderella Tournament against Sayaka Kurara. Many people loved this fight, even though I have made my not-so positive thoughts about my experience watching this. I hope she does have a good run in this year's 5STAR Grand Prix.
Dream Trine's Artist Of Stardom Title win
Man, I feel the water works already. May 26th will probably go down as one of the best moments I've seen in wrestling in a long time. This time it was Dream Trine defeating Konami, Rina and Fukigen Death for the Artist Of Stardom titles.
I am talked about this more in my 50th blog on Lady C, so you check it out for yourself. This was the night that we finally Lady C have a big victory. With the added assists, she won the match with the Zugyuuun on Rina. It ties in from what happened earlier because there was an end goal to the losing streak and this was the result.
Dream Trine have breathed new life into these Artist titles because it solely focused on these belts and not others. (Plus, they value each other as three parts of the same puzzle.) They already have two successful title defenses already. The first on June 14th against Cosmic Carnival (Natsupoi, Yuna Mizumori & Aya Sakura) and the second was against Itoh Respect Gundan (Maki Itoh, Kikyo Furusawa & Rian) on my birthday.
POST TIME!!
God's Eye are always a fun faction to watch in STARDOM. Whether that being their serious, high pace and action or their silly sides which I'll always appreciate about it. It does show that there are acts in pro wrestling that can tug on the heart strings.
I am happy with the success of God's Eye in STARDOM this year despite the many setbacks. We still have the second half of 2026 left, so if they are able to keep this up, they can do well for now. And this is likely my most funniest one I have done. Hope you all are having a good day and I'll see you next decade.
Uhh... (How should I end this?) C!-- Wait a minute. (Maybe not that... Oh, I got it.) KUMA!!!
Kind regards,
ZERO (or Archer)
Comments
Post a Comment