The Flame Of Heaven Burns (Dream Trine's Artist Of Stardom Championship Reign)

[ZERO x PAT x Knights Of C-Donia Production]

Well... I didn't see that coming. With my most recent Dynamic Thunder Connection blog done, I have introduced Akira Kurogane as the newest member of the series for the duration of the 5★STAR. With that being the case, I fully expected to just dive into that. 


However, STARDOM decided to do something that made me do impromptu stuff like a PPP TOKYO's Pole Dancing performances before their shows begin. Before I dive into this reign, I have to explain the context as to how the reign ended to giveaway for my post reign opinions. 

However if I do miss anything, Pat and Uncle have to correct me more harder than Marge Simpson disciplining Homer Simpson at home. Also this reminds that The Simpsons has been going on for 38 seasons. That is impressive given how episodic that show is.


How It Came To An End?
On July 15th, STARDOM would do a livestream in promoting the 5STAR GP. It's one of those green screen ones, which they haven't done in a while. During the stream however, AEW's Triangle Of Madness would interrupt proceedings and the entire vibe of the event.


AEW Women's World Champion Thekla, who is the leader if not, defacto leader by ranking stance, would declare their challenge towards Dream Trine for the Artist Of Stardom Championships. Thekla would also announce one half of Sisters Of Sins, Julia Hart would be in the tournament as a replacement for the injured Bea Priestley.


On July 18th (Opening Night), Thekla would pin Ami Sourei to win the Artist Of Stardom Titles. This makes her a double champion as she is the current AEW Women's World Champion.

With all that being said, let's dive into the 53 days that shortly reignited a division in Dream Trine's Artist Of Stardom Title reign.


Dream Trine's Artist Of Stardom Title Reign

  • HATE (Konami, Rina & Fukigen Death) (c) vs Dream Trine (Ami Sourei, Hina & Lady C) (22:58)
  • 26/05/2026
  • World Wonder Ring Stardom 
  • Artist Of Stardom Championship Match
  • Stardom Nighter in Korakuen Hall (May 26th)
  • ZERO: ★★★★★3/4

Marked as one of the greatest title victories in recent memory, it was May 26th where we'd see Konami, Rina & Fukigen Death defend the titles against Dream Trine's Ami Sourei, Hina & Lady C. This was huge given the build up, the inconsistences and the losing streak Lady C had.


Uncle was one alcohol away from becoming the most depressed alcoholic since Alan from Two And A Half Men for fuck sake. I have already made a blog about this title win in my 50th blog on the site, so I recommend you check that out. 


This still gets me in my feelings as I am trying not to cry while doing this. When watching this, seeing Lady C not getting tagged out and seeing Rina pinfall getting broken up was making me tear up like a baby. I was like, "There is no way this is actually happening". 

And completed one of the greatest underdog stories in the 2020 wrestling generation. Lady C hits the Zugyuuun on Rina to get the win and pull off one of the greatest title victories of all time.


Now that I have covered the title victory, it gets into the defences of the teams before focusing on something else entirely. 


  • Dream Trine (Ami Sourei, Hina & Lady C) (c) vs Cosmic Carnival (Natsupoi, Yuna Mizumori & Aya Sakura) (18:58) - V1
  • 14/06/2026
  • World Wonder Ring Stardom 
  • Artist Of Stardom Championship Match
  • Stardom Nighter in Korakuen Hall (Jun 14)
  • ZERO: ★★★★★

The first of many defenses in this starts with Cosmic Carnival. This was the team of Natsupoi, Yuna Mizumori and Aya Sakura. I'll give credit to them for basically dressing like the Circus from Madagascar. 


This was the perfect way to start the title reign. It immediately established Artist Of Stardom Titles having a focus on the titles specifically even if it's at the expense of the High Speed Title (again). The Carnival brought the energy to proceedings especially with Yunamon, who I thought was fun to see.


Ami Sourei would pin Aya Sakura to retain the Artist Of Stardom Championships. Usually the next challengers would be built over the course of a month or so. However, there were already challengers set 6 days later...


  • Dream Trine (Ami Sourei, Hina & Lady C) (c) vs Itoh Respect Gundan (Maki Itoh, Kikyo Furusawa & Rian) (16:03) - V2
  • 20/06/2026
  • World Wonder Ring Stardom 
  • Artist Of Stardom Championship Match
  • Stardom The Conversion 2026
  • ZERO: ★★★★1/2

On June 20th which was my birthday by the way, Itoh Respect Gundan would challenge Dream Trine for the Artist Of Stardom Titles. This was IRG's first challenge for the belts, but it was a different take to the rest.


This had more theatrics involved in comparison. But made it greater than some of its parts. Hina was the focus of this which speaks to the theme of Dream Trine as champions. No one in this teams greater than the other. 


There are like a well oiled machine. They are like Power Rangers ironically enough which hasn't seen the light of day since 2023, because Hasbro wanted a deadpan of shit more than Disney did in the 2000s. Hina would get win here to retain the Artist belts.


Seems like everything is done right with the Artist Of Stardom Titles. It's been focused solely on trios and putting a level of importance to the belts which hasn't been felt in a long time. Dream Trine are gonna have a great reig-- 


Oh, no...


  • Dream Trine (Ami Sourei, Hina & Lady C) (c) vs Triangle Of Madness (Thekla, Julia Hart & Skye Blue) (13:55)
  • 18/07/2026
  • World Wonder Ring Stardom 
  • Artist Of Stardom Championship Match 
  • Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2026 - Day 1 (Opening Night)
  • ZERO: ★★★

Well... that is something. 

Uncle (Knights Of C-Donia): "People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live." 

Okay, so now I have to talk about this. Where do I start? This stems from the build up to this year's Forbidden Door which four companies collaborating as supposed to 2 usually. AEW, New Japan Pro-Wrestling, CMLL and STARDOM. 


The women have an actually spot on this show as supposed to previous years where it was just either making a match from their roster or help from different places or... just Ring Of Honor. Thekla led the build due to how she got to AEW and had a 45 day probation period.


And that is Taro Okada getting his ass beat. Then Starlight Kid happened and yeah. If you hadn't noticed, I've talked this more than the match itself. It's not bad, but I really struggled to get into it. It's like it clicked and didn't click at the same time.


I'm glad that Julia Hart is here doing the reps for this tournament, because she was out here ready to claim worst title performance since Argentina in the 2026 FIFA World Cup Final. 


Thekla would end this by hitting two curb stomps on Ami Sourei to capture her 2nd Artist Of Stardom Title and become a double champion in the process of this. 

Now that Dream Trine's title reign has come to a close, there are issues that need to be discussed. I mean, a lot of issues. Which brings me to...


Every Issue About This Change

I don't know how to structure this properly and I'll miss many potential things, so please forgive me here. Okay, so where should I start? Oh yeah. Dream Trine's journey to the titles was... a lot of bullshit.


This was very frustrating to see this play out since I have been following everything with the losing streak of Lady C at this point, but there was more to that. Basically, they pinned the champions multiple times within a two month span and were the only ones to call their shot. 

What did STARDOM do? Well, put them in three way trios match to determine the next challenger against two teams who didn't even have any real right until the moment after HATE's title defense against STARS. When they finally won the titles, it breathed new life in the Artist Of Stardom division for the first time in a long time.


What did STARDOM do after that success? Cutting their legs out from right under them by having lose to AEW dudes. I'm saying this term in particular because fans who watch STARDOM were finally seeing progression with their titles only to have snipped before they could have wings. 

The biggest problem with this loss is that there were already stories being built up during the course of Dream Trine's reign with the likes of Cosmic Carnival and Mi Vida Loca. Now it's reset with these new champions. Another reason why people were concerned about this is how the partnership AEW has with New Japan Pro-Wrestling. 

Credit: New Japan Pro-Wrestling

Why do I point out New Japan here? Simple. Just look at who they book to win their title. Particularly, look at the picture above this. Most of the lineage of the IWGP Global Heavyweight Title are guys who are now in AEW. This is purely New Japan's fault here, because when Shota Umino lose their title to an AEW guy, it makes them look less than them.

This has been pattern I have personally seen with promotions that partner with All Elite Wrestling. They allow themselves to be treated or presented as less than and kind of fucking over themselves in the long run with this partnership despite the potential benefits (if they are any to STARDOM). They almost don't get the upper in any inter-promotional feuds with AEW and it creates such an unhealthy balance. 

Not to mention, the people who are booked as big deals in New Japan Pro-Wrestling, World Wonder Ring Stardom, etc, don't really have high spot in the lower card or just lose in their home promotion. Besides Thekla and (maybe) Konosuke Takeshita. Also I don't think TJPW acknowledge that The IInspiration are signed to AEW when they were Princess Tag Champs. It's funny to be honest.

Credit: AEW, NJPW, CMLL & STARDOM

It is sad because inter-promotional rivalries can be really good like Kenny Omega and Will Ospreay's feud in 2023. Hell even the feud between Marigold and Marvelous showed it is great stuff. The unfortunate part about this is that they had an opportunity to turn this dynamic around for AEW wrestlers to be the chasers instead.

It doesn't really help bring any interest to STARDOM at all. Well... it gets people who aren't fans interested, but the majority of that won't watch STARDOM after it ends. NJPW is an example of this. Also, I should mention before I leave the floor to Pat and Uncle (on their pages), don't tell someone how they should feel about this.

I have been seeing that sentiment of, "Learn how this works" to those who have been watching STARDOM more than anyone. People who have made their opinions on this company for years. You can't tell them how they can or can't feel about this is because they shouldn't be liking this if they don't. 


Usually, I have my ending segment "POST TIME", but I'll just end it here. I'll try to be as positive as I can.


I'll give credit to pro wrestling bookers in general. They do know how to make emotional wins and really good stuff feel like a massive waste of time and energy.


Kind Regards,
ZERO (or Archer), Pat and Uncle C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigold Files #1: Did Somebody Say Yoga? (La Vie en Rose's 3D Trios Championship Reign)

A Beautiful Madness turned into US Bootleg Marceline (Giulia's WWE Women's United States Championship Reign)