Marigold Files #1: Did Somebody Say Yoga? (La Vie en Rose's 3D Trios Championship Reign)
I won't lie... I have had a weird time just viewing wrestling for what it is for the past few months since December. I still love wrestling, don't get me wrong, but felt so restrictive and rage inducing in the past 10 months.
The first match of the title reign comes at the culmination of a tournament to crown the first ever 3D Trios Champions. The final came down to two teams. Mai Sakurai, Natsumi Showzuki & Erina Yamanaka and Nagisa Nozaki, (then) Twinstar Champion Misa Matsui & Rea Seto of Darkness Revolution.
The first defense of these titles would come not too long after as La Vie en Rose would face off against Icon Peach Arrow which consists of (current) Marigold Super Flyweight Champion & (then) GHC Women's Champion and one of my all-time favourites Mayu Iwatani, (current) United National Champion Victoria Yuzuki and Komomo Minami.
It is time for some festivities as their second defense would come from the Yasukuni Shrine Sumo Arena. It was outdoor in the sun, so that felt unique change of pace. The challengers would be the rising stars of Spunky Monster (Seri Yamaoka & Shinno) & Yuuka Yamazaki.
During the match, Mayu Iwatani would pull off her trademark Moonsault Press on Erina Yamanaka. Unlike the usual process of everything, this ended quite badly. Mayu Iwatani's foot thumb cracked diagonally and Erina Yamanaka suffered an Orbital Floor Facture which is a fracture where there is a break in the thin bone at the bottom of the eye socket. Some of the common signs include double vision, swelling around the eye, etc.
From Yamanaka herself, she mentioned that during her surgery that a plate was inserted so the eye from which had be protruded downward, back into its original position. Even if she was comfortable with posting the photos of the injury, I am not posting it here. Because I would ask for permission when it comes to this kind of stuff and since I didn't, I'm not doing it.
So the titles weren't defended since Yamanaka wasn't able until she eventually returned and fully recovered. Now that we have the gap sorted, let's continue.
The final stop of this reign was the most recent Summer Destiny show. La Vie en Rose would defend the titles against Darkness Revolution once again. This time, D_Revo's trio consisted of Misa Matsui, CHIAKI and Rea Seto as Nagisa Nozaki was facing Miku Aono for the World Title in the main event.
After many shenanigans, Rea Seto would apply the Cattle Mutilation on Mai Sakurai to make her submit. That meant Darkness Revolution are your brand new 3D Trios Champions which means that La Vie en Rose's title reign comes to an end.
Anyway... Join me next time as I reach for the Twin Stars as I will now focus on the first ever Twinstar Champions in the promotion, Mai Sakurai and MIRAI.
I would always try to catch up on my shows. Whether that being Ring Of Honor or STARDOM, I always enjoy the show and switch my mind off things snarky, but I felt a bit empty and sad immediately following it.
It doesn't help that I have been behind shows and don't have enough willpower as I used it to drag myself to a lot of wrestling shows. It was definitely overwhelming my brain as a result to try watching anything so I felt a bit dead inside.
That feeling changed when I decided to re-subscribe... to Wrestle Universe. Wrestle Universe is a streaming service for multiple wrestling promotions. It started out as DDT Universe in 2016 from the promotion, Dramatic Dream Team (DDT) and their subsidiaries, TJPW, Ganbare☆Pro Wrestling, etc.
Until it expanded to NOAH and other promotions since then. I didn't do much with my free subscription, so I paid my subscription this time. Then the promotion I picked was Marigold. I felt something that I haven't felt in quite a long time, a smile. A smile with no added baggage.
I had a great experience just watching wrestling for what it felt like a long time. It started off with Marigold World Champion Miku Aono and Komomo Minami facing Sareee and Chi Chi. I felt less excited to Sareee matches nowadays, but this had a different feeling than the last Sareee match I watched.
The next of the random matches was Angel Hayze vs Seri Yamaoka for the BEW Women's Championship, which is a belt from British Empire Wrestling. This was the best way for me to be officially be introduced to "The Super Rookie" Seri Yamaoka.
Some people will obviously disagree, but it felt like a good showcase of Seri Yamaoka to make me see what she is all about than her facing another great wrestler. After watching their Summer Destiny event, I have decided to do a blog series on their many championship reigns and other stuff which I have called the Marigold Files.
I will be starting with the last titles to be introduced within the company and its the 3D Trios Titles. The first champions of this is La Vie en Rose which is the team of Mai Sakurai, Natsumi Showzuki and Erina Yamanaka. Since their reign is the only one which is complete, I'll do this one. So without further a due, let's roll with it.
La Vie en Rose's 3D Trios Championship Run
- Mai Sakurai, Natsumi Showzuki & Erina Yamanaka (c) vs Darkness Revolution (Nagisa Nozaki, Misa Matsui & Rea Seto) (13:12)
- 23/02/2026
- Dream Star Fighting Marigold
- Marigold 3D Trios Championship Tournament Finals (VACANT)
- Marigold New Years Golden Garden 2026 - Day 12
- ZERO: ★★★3/4
The first match of the title reign comes at the culmination of a tournament to crown the first ever 3D Trios Champions. The final came down to two teams. Mai Sakurai, Natsumi Showzuki & Erina Yamanaka and Nagisa Nozaki, (then) Twinstar Champion Misa Matsui & Rea Seto of Darkness Revolution.
This was the fourth match of the card, and it was only 13 minutes which did felt quite short for a final of the tournament. This match was chaotic with fun tag team wrestling with crowd brawling and a picture I captured which is perfect description of how my back feels.
Sometimes I forget that I'm 20 years old given my very bad back pain. It reminds me that the one thing I would wish for in a romantic partner is one really good back massage. Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. The match ended after Erina Yamanaka clocked Rea Seto with Tornillo which I believe caused Rea Seto to suffer a problem. I'm not sure of the specifics.
Talk about unfortunate luck, but now, the reign has officially begun. In later matches, Mai Sakurai, Natsumi Showzuki & Erina Yamanaka would be referred to as La Vie en Rose. That would be the name of their trio going forward.
At this time, it made sense for Marigold to bring in the Dream, Diamond & Destiny belts as it would be a good help for the now 2 year old promotion to develop more pairings within the roster. Not that there wasn't any pairings, but it did seem to have something missing from my limited viewing of it before the titles creation.
The trios title was the best way to fill in the gap. Anyway, let's continue with this.
- La Vie en Rose (Mai Sakurai, Natsumi Showzuki & Erina Yamanaka) (c) vs Icon Peach Arrow (Mayu Iwatani, Victoria Yuzuki & Komomo Minami) (13:13) - V1
- 14/03/2026
- Dream Star Fighting Marigold
- Marigold 3D Trios Championship Match
- Marigold Spring Victory Series 2026 - Day 2
- ZERO: ★★★★
The first defense of these titles would come not too long after as La Vie en Rose would face off against Icon Peach Arrow which consists of (current) Marigold Super Flyweight Champion & (then) GHC Women's Champion and one of my all-time favourites Mayu Iwatani, (current) United National Champion Victoria Yuzuki and Komomo Minami.
This was the first time the Trios Titles were defended in the main event. This one was a lot more fast paced than the Final with both teams relying on their strengths. Iwatani using her legs to a dropkick while doing her reversal feint rollup into a Single Leg Dropkick to get out of the corner.
My favourite moment in the match was when Erina Yamanaka did a interesting looking single leg dropkick from the top rope to which (I believe) Haruo Murata on commentary referred to as a "Rider Kick". For those who don't know, it is widely associated with the Kamen Rider franchise which I have blogs about before. So that made me laugh.
It ended when Natsumi Showzuki pinned Komomo Minami with the Meteora-ora from the corner to retain the titles. This ticks off the first successful defense of the belts lineage. Nice stuff.
- La Vie en Rose (Mai Sakurai, Natsumi Showzuki & Erina Yamanaka) (c) vs Spunky Monster (Seri Yamaoka & Shinno) & Yuuka Yamazaki (14:47) - V2
- 29/03/2026 [air date: 03/04/2026]
- Dream Star Fighting Marigold
- Marigold 3D Trios Championship Match
- Marigold Yamashu Shinshu Women's Festival ~Yasukuni Shrine Dedication Pro Wrestling~
- ZERO: ★★★★1/4
It is time for some festivities as their second defense would come from the Yasukuni Shrine Sumo Arena. It was outdoor in the sun, so that felt unique change of pace. The challengers would be the rising stars of Spunky Monster (Seri Yamaoka & Shinno) & Yuuka Yamazaki.
This took place on March 29th, then it would officially air on Wrestle Universe on April 3rd.
This was more fun than I thought it was gonna be. Spunky Monster are definitely future Aces for Marigold's long term success. My favourite was when Sakurai and Showzuki lifted Shinno on their shoulders and Erina Yamanaka followed up with her Rider Kick. That will always be funny to me. I'm such a child.
It ended with La Vie en Rose retaining the titles following Sakurai pinning Shinno with the Glorious Driver.
Before I go through the final defense, there is something I have mention something important for now.
The 4 Month Gap:
Following the defense against Spunky Monster and Yuuka Yamazaki, there was a 4 month gap between these defenses for La Vie en Rose. Usually I would blame a lot of things, but this isn't Ring Of Honor. There is an actual reason for this. On April 11th, Two Thirds of the 3D Trios Champions Natsumi Showzuki and Erina Yamanaka will face off against (current) Super Flyweight Champion & (then) GHC Women's Champion Mayu Iwatani and Yuuka Yamazaki.
During the match, Mayu Iwatani would pull off her trademark Moonsault Press on Erina Yamanaka. Unlike the usual process of everything, this ended quite badly. Mayu Iwatani's foot thumb cracked diagonally and Erina Yamanaka suffered an Orbital Floor Facture which is a fracture where there is a break in the thin bone at the bottom of the eye socket. Some of the common signs include double vision, swelling around the eye, etc.
| Credit: Dream Star Fighting Marigold |
From Yamanaka herself, she mentioned that during her surgery that a plate was inserted so the eye from which had be protruded downward, back into its original position. Even if she was comfortable with posting the photos of the injury, I am not posting it here. Because I would ask for permission when it comes to this kind of stuff and since I didn't, I'm not doing it.
So the titles weren't defended since Yamanaka wasn't able until she eventually returned and fully recovered. Now that we have the gap sorted, let's continue.
- La Vie en Rose (Mai Sakurai, Natsumi Showzuki & Erina Yamanaka) (c) vs Darkness Revolution (Misa Matsui, CHIAKI & Rea Seto) (15:05)
- 09/08/2026
- Dream Star Fighting Marigold
- Marigold 3D Trios Championship Match
- Marigold Summer Destiny 2026
- ZERO: ★★★★
The final stop of this reign was the most recent Summer Destiny show. La Vie en Rose would defend the titles against Darkness Revolution once again. This time, D_Revo's trio consisted of Misa Matsui, CHIAKI and Rea Seto as Nagisa Nozaki was facing Miku Aono for the World Title in the main event.
This match was quite similar to the chaos of the 3D Trios Title Tournament Final. There are a few differences in some aspects. CHIAKI yanked Erina off Seto as the Former Yoga Instructor was doing that Bronco Buster in the corner. Honestly, thank god she did that. People were brawling around the place after a dive to the outside.
After many shenanigans, Rea Seto would apply the Cattle Mutilation on Mai Sakurai to make her submit. That meant Darkness Revolution are your brand new 3D Trios Champions which means that La Vie en Rose's title reign comes to an end.
POST TIME
So... yeah. Haha. I am going to take my time with doing this. There is a tendency I have with doing too much along with other projects to the point that I overwhelm myself. Now, I am definitely taking my time with this. The next blog might be next year. That is how long I will take with this.
Anyway... Join me next time as I reach for the Twin Stars as I will now focus on the first ever Twinstar Champions in the promotion, Mai Sakurai and MIRAI.
Kind Regards,
ZERO (or Archer)
Comments
Post a Comment